20050503

Octave 5 in 1 Multipod Review


This device has a lot of potential, but fails to deliver. Its subpar camera, and USB 1.1 (ancient) interface hamper an otherwise good idea. If they could address the shortcomings, and add a larger memory, it would definitely find its way onto my keychain. It would be useful to have its core functions with me for whenever.
I’ve always wanted to become a spy complete with cool smallish gizmos that have a whole lot of functions. The ultimate gadget is the one that knocks your socks off with more functions than you can possibly think of, all contained inside a tiny device no larger than your index finger. Enter the 5-in1 Multipod from Octave Systems Inc. This item promises to have the following five features all combined into one handy package: 1) digital still camera, 2) digital video camera, 3) web camera, 4) voice recorder, and 5) USB flash drive key. I tested all these different functions and provide my review below. Initially, I thought the design could have been better, for example I had to read the PDF manual to determine what mode the device started in and how to change it. After glancing over the included Adobe PDF help file, operation of the Multipod was very straightforward.

No comments: