20050503

iPod Shuffle + Duct Tape = Case ????


I like a good hack as much as the next guy, but takes things a little too far. While this is inventive, don't go picking up girls with it- they won't be impressed. On the other hand, if you ride the subway, this may keep those pesky thieves disinterested.
15-20$ for an ipod shuffle case is a little nuts, and when I bought my shuffle such cases were a month off anyway. I had already scuffed the side against my cellphone (not my keys, my CELLPHONE) and realized some form of protection was in order.

I recall the duct tape ipod case that had made the rounds a while back, and realized that given the size of the shuffle, making one for this thing would be simple. Plus you could simply trace the edges onto a sheet of paper, cut it out, and cover it with duct tape and be done with it. You don't need a hole for the buttons as, so long as you knew where they were, you could press them through the tape.

No comments: