20050529

Kensington Notebook Expansion Dock Review


Many folks use their notebook as their main computer. A gadget like this makes your notebook a lot more comfortable to use at your desk.
I have been using the Kensington Notebook Expansion Dock with Stand for the last couple of weeks, and I must say that it has impressed me. Having my laptop kept in an upright position has made it infinitely more usable as my secondary desk computer. Since this older laptop does not have built-in wireless, the Ethernet connection on the dock means one less cable I must undo when I bring this laptop along. If I used this computer for gaming, the addition of the 5.1 audio hookups would probably be a major selling point.

Overall, I am impressed by the quality of this product and by its usefulness. The price of the dock and stand combination may seem a bit prohibitive, but if a user needs access to the ports that the dock offers, then in the end it may actually be a cost-effective solution. Having the specialized ports on the back of the dock ensures that any notebook can be incorporated into any office setup, by using the existing connections and without any costly equipment upgrades or adapters.

No comments: