20050617

Make Your Car iPod Ready


Persoanlly, I'm sticking to my cassette adaptor. However, for a nice weekend project that will give you, and the ol' soldering iron a workout, check it out.
So the way this works is you tell the stereo to play a CD, and it does, but you switch the signal that it's getting from the CD player to the iPod, or other aux input. Your stereo keeps spinning the CD, and it keeps showing the track number and time of the CD, and you can switch the audio back and forth from CD to aux at any time.

It sounds really good as far as I can tell. There's definitely no noise like when I was using the cassette adapter, and the levels don't get all messed up when I play the iPod loudly. (This is something that was happening a lot to me with the cassette adapter, but I know this doesn't happen for everybody.)

No comments: