20050909

Microsoft Branching Out


I wasn't surprised to see an announcement from LG about a digital TV recorder, but one detail caught my eye.
LG Electronics today introduced its first dedicated "digital media recorder" with the Microsoft Program Guide service.

The LG LRM-519 Digital Media Recorder is a combination digital video recorder (DVR) and DVD recorder powered by Windows Media Center Technologies with a 160-gigabyte hard drive.

As I was wondering what the cost of "Microsoft Program Guide" would be, I spotted it at the end.
The Microsoft Program Guide service subscription is available for a $249 one-time fee, $99.99 for a one-year subscription, or for $9.99 for a one-month subscription.

Microsoft doesn't make enough money already? I'll just program my VCR manually before i'll fork over $10 a month for another "service." Between the cellphone family plan, the cable TV, the internet service, and the satellite radio, (not to mention the price of gas) the last thing that myself, or any good taxpaying American needs is another bill!

No comments: