20050923

DVD Recorder Review


These set top DVD recorders are predicted to be THE hot item this holiday season (as well as the iPod stuff). Read my convoluted tale of woe, of how I found the right discs for this machine. I also subjected the written discs to quality scanning with some surprising results. I hope I can get some other machines to review in the future, although I'm not sure where I would put them.
For the budget user, looking to replace their VCR, it is an acceptable choice. The write quality is average, and the machine is easy to program and use. I also like that it can play MP3/WMA music files, and JPG pictures adding to the functionality of the device. Hopefully, others will benefit from my experience. It took me two months from the time the VCR broke until I had the Ilo up and running. For DVD Recorders to become a mainstream household electronic device, these compatibility issues need to be resolved. I doubt most users are willing to invest that much time into such a device. These compatibility issues also account for why there are so many boxes in the store that have been returned

No comments: