20110908

ViewPad For Peorder On Amazon

Well, it looks like 7" is the new 10" as I am expecting to see more 7" tablet devices in the coming months.  I have to say that it makes sense to me as when I used a 10" iPad, the thing always felt too close in size to a small notebook, yet without as much functionality.  I think the 7" size should be a better niche for the tablet space, with an extended battery life as well.

At any rate, the ViewPad is up for preorder at Amazon.  With the recent demand for the HP webOS device at $99, the preorder price of $199 should attract some consumer interest, even at the higher price point.  The OS is Android 2.3, better known as "Gingerbread."  Even at this price point, the specs are decent, including 4 GB of RAM, and a microSD expansion slot.

Tom's Guide

Amazon

No comments: