20110822

HP TouchPad

The HP TouchPad seems to have gained a second life over the weekend. While it was significantly dismissed and neglected at the $399 price point, it is simply amazing how it has flown off of shelves at the fire sale price of $99.

Did I rush out to buy one? Well, I was of the opinion that it was not all that great, and I simply did not want one at any price. Sure if you make something cheap enough, you can definitely overlook some shortcomings. I am not sure what that price would be for me, but at a C-note, it clearly was not there. Let us not forget that there will be no support, and no new apps or updates and this deal definitely starts to sour in my mind.

I have to admit that it is intriguing how the TouchPad is getting more attention after they canceled it. Maybe the lesson here is that they should have priced it better to begin with.

No comments: