20140410

Coby 7065 Bites the Dust

Last March, I had jumped onto the tablet bandwagon and had purchased a Coby 7065 tablet.  I did not spend much on the purchase thinking that I would not use the tablet much, and it was more of an experiment with LinuxAndroid.

It turned out that I used the tablet more than I would have predicted.  It became my "Living room PC," and became my second screen of choice in front of the TV.  It was also most useful as an eBook reader for both textbooks, and leisure reason, including the Kindle app.

Last week, the WiFi in the tablet completely died.  This despite a new router that everything else is hooking up fine to.  I had discovered a few weeks after I bought the Coby that the company had gone out of business, so any warranty is null and void anyway.  These tablets are pretty much dependent on the internet to do anything, and with the tablet not able to connect, it becomes a doorstop, and there is no ethernet to plug it in like on most computers.

Sometimes cheap can be expensive, and this is an example of this.  RIP Coby 7065.

-Jonas

No comments: