20120108

Panasonic DMC-ZS9

 After my frustration with Canon, I moved on to a new Panasonic, at least partly because it wasn't a Canon, it had manual controls even though it is a point and shoot, and the lens is made by Leica.  Well, going from an 8 MP 4x zoom, to a 14 MP 16x zoom was a big move up.  While not technically a superzoom, and still able to fit into a large pocket, the lens is equivalent to a 24 mm to 384 mm in the optical range.

Below is an example of what a current point and shoot can do.  Both were taken with auto controls, from the same spot.  In the top image, I faintly circled the area in the center that I zoomed in on, and this is presented with the zoom at the max of what it can do in the bottom one, with the antishake on.  All I can say is this is awesome.



No comments: